10. Traveling to Boston in March for AAA with my classmate Kayla to co-present about my capstone project and remote testing the clinic is now doing in Guatemala. Kayla has a friend local who showed us around so we got to hit all the highlights of Boston, it is a very neat city! In October, I traveled to Sandestin again for ALAA. It was extra special this year because 5/6 of our class was able to go and it was so fun spending the weekend together since we no longer see each other daily and are spread out through AL/GA.
9. Traveling to Guatemala for the 2nd time for the Audiology Outreach. I just love that country and people/kids and I can't wait to get back!
8. In May, the Au.D. c/o 2014 finished (and passed!) our comprehensive exams and then in October our 4th and final oral level!!!! We had been dreading comps since our first day of grad school and it was such an accomplishment and relief to have these exams behind us. Now its smooth sailing to graduation!!
 |
| (This was right after finishing our 2nd day of 4 straight hours of testing so we look rough but we are so happy to be taking off our "comps" link on our paper chain count down to 3rd year) |
7. Wedding season and all the fun bridal showers my friends and family threw me! From a family shower in Auburn (appropriately Auburn themed), Kitchen shower in Birmingham, Fiesta couples shower in Auburn, Around the clock shower in Augusta, Bridal tea in Alexander City, and a lingerie/bachelorette party at Lake Martin, I was overwhelmed by all the love and support shown to me and Greg. We are blessed, blessed, blessed!!
6. In July, one of my best friends from high school, Megan, got married (just 3 weeks before me!) and I was so thrilled to be a part of her big day. It was great to be able to catch up with her and share our engagements and weddings together!
5. Getting MARRIED!!! On August 4, 2012 I married my best friend and love of my life, Gregory. The wedding was a whirlwind but married life has been such a blessing and we are loving every minute of it! I love being an Abernathy!
 |
| I only have a couple of pictures of the wedding right now from my Mom's iPad...but we will be getting our CD of pictures NEXT week!! Yay!! |
4. Honeymoon...was THE best week of our lives. We seriously had post-honeymoon depression for several days once we got home. I really had not been on a vacation since I started grad school in August 2010 due to my assistantship and church schedule so it was MUCH needed and was wonderful. We took a 7 day caribbean cruise that stopped in Haiti, Jamaica, Cozumel, and Grand Caymen. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed relaxing and having fun on our different excursions!
3. Family Blessings: This year was full of family fun! My sweet cousin Summer and her husband Matt welcomed their baby boy, Cameron, into the world the day after Christmas and my cousin Blake and his wife Katherine welcomed their baby girl, Caroline, just a few weeks before our wedding! They are such precious babies! We also had fun getting together to celebrate my aunt Diane's 50th birthday in Auburn and Greg's Grandfather's 90th birthday in Orange Beach :)
2. Our first Thanksgiving and Christmas as a married couple! We actually spent the holidays together last year when were engaged but there's something different about being married obviously! It was fun buying our first real tree together, decorating our apartment, and getting to spend extended amounts of time with both of our families.
 |
| Our matching PJs for Christmas morning |
1. Engagements/weddings. This year was filled with happiness for my close friends! My classmate Justin got married in September to Sarah, a c/o 2013 Au.D. and then my classmates Kayla and Sydney both got engaged! I am looking forward to both of their weddings (and being one of Sydney's bridesmaids!) in May! This technically didn't happen in 2012...but I'm too excited not to share that another one of my best friends, Kira, got engaged recently at Disney and I am so so so excited for both of them!!
Well, 2012 was packed full of life changing events and blessings, it was hard to only pick 10! After Greg and I got married, I moved to Spanish Fort, AL to join him as we started our new life together! We moved to a new apartment (in the same complex he was already at) which I love and I have enjoyed exploring a new city!
Last semester I completed an internship at Emerald Coast Audiology in Fort Walton Beach, FL and I am looking forward to having an internship much closer to home at Premier Medical Group in Mobile starting tomorrow!! It's been a big change going from being a full time graduate student working 2 part-time jobs to being an intern, married, and living in a different and new city, but I am so thankful that God gave me the strength to get through some mentally tough times and for all the opportunities He has provided for us this year. I am looking forward to what 2013 has in store for us (especially in the next several months)!
"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish
infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen." Ephesian 3:20-21 NLT
No comments:
Post a Comment